(June 27th 2007 @ 4:16 PM)Kohen turns one on the 27th of this month. I cannot believe that a year ago they placed him in my arms. I was in love with this little man from the first moment I saw the positive sign on the pregnancy test, but couldnt imagine that I could love him more each day! I love being a mother and I love that he is my baby boy. I feel so blessed with the opportunity that Jeremiah and I get to be his parents forever. Its amazing how these little babies change SO much in a year, how they grow and develop personalities. I will give you an update on Kohen's "trick's":
Words:
-Nana (his favorite person in the world)
-Papa (he knows who papa is and calls for him when its time to play)
-Dada (of course for everything between)
-Mama (he taunts me I know he knows how to say it, but only uses it when he wants something..will that ever change?)
-KiiKat (Kitty..He loves animals)
-Ya (when asked a question)
-No (rarely when he really doesn't like something)
-Was at (it means whats that.... he started saying this and quite and now its back in I guess)
-baba or bebe (I'm not sure if this is baby or bottle)
-Hi Da! (still his greeting for his daddy)
Uh Oh! (when he or anyone drops something...or if he knows he is doing something he is not supposed to...he doesn't stop doing that thing, just says uh oh while he is doing it)
He also says an assortment of little noises and LOVES to sing!
Tricks:
-Stands up on his own
-Has taken two OFFICIAL steps
-SLEEPS THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!! (I LOVE HIM FOR THIS)
-Dances (by bending his knees to the rhythm of a song)
-Climbs up and down off the couch
-Can feed himself cheerios, fruit, and crackers
-Uses a sippy cup like a champ!
-Clicks his tongue and can make all sorts of fun noises with his mouth (motor boat noises...)
-Waves
-Points (at everything!)
-Giggles all the time, but has this fake laugh he does when everyone else is laughing :)
-Loves to sneeze it always makes him laugh
-Picks his nose (makes a mother so proud)
-Claps his hands (loves patty cake..we are working on the "roll it" part)
-Loves to "help" with dishes and laundry
-Loves to pull his toys out of his toy box and get in the toy box
-I swear he only wants to play with his toys when I have the living room spotless every other minute of the day he likes to pull the DVD's off the shelf (I don't care it keeps him busy and happy)
- Blows raspberries on any flesh he sees, but loves to give daddy raspberries
-Can ALMOST do a summer salt
-Gives WONDERFULLY SWEET kisses to anyone who wants one
-Loves when I sing to him (although he laughs when I sing most the time :)
Loves:
-Bath time, or showers (He is a water baby)
-Our swimming pool (hates when I take him out)
-His Nana (There is a very sweet special bond there)
-Recently has loved playing with his uncle Jeffy (uncle Jeffy wears him out at bed time)
-Apple sauce and sweet potatos
-His new baby cousin Jaxon (if only we would let him play with him :)
Dis-likes:
-Squash (he spits it out literally)
-His feet being tickled (gets a "what do you think your doing" look on his face)
-Wearing pants
All this in a year..its amazing to watch him each day and see how he grows and changes. We love you Kohen James and couldn't imagine life with out you! We are so excited to see how you will do as a big brother, and so excited for our family to grow!

4 comments:
These updates on Kohen are so great and you (and he) will love looking back on it and remembering the good old days.
Stef you and Jer make great babies!! I hope you have lots and lots of those babies. Kohen has grown up soo fast. I just love the Picture of your mom and the grandbabies. That is soo precious.
Cant wait to see you all and get loves and kisses.
Oh My Gosh... You better keep a close eye on him if he knows how to take off his pants.. Next will come a poopy diaper..
It is amazing how one little person can change so many people's lives. He is such a sweet, cute little charmer - a beautiful boy. His nana has definitely caught the Kohen-bug! I have two beautiful grandsons and one more on the way. How blessed we all are! Love mom xoxoxo
Post a Comment