CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 18, 2008

September 23rd

Ok so september brings a whole lot of things to the Barkley family, Marks birthday, Aarons birthday and the rest of the world as well. School starts, summer ends, cooler weather, fall colors! But for Jeremiah and I we are looking forward to September because....drum roll...We are going to be the proud parents of two children. Yes I am pregnant!! I have known for awhile but the obvious reason I waited the three months to tell everyone (well almost three months). I heard the heart beat last week and it amazed me to hear Kohens everytime and amazes me still with this child. When Kohen was in he "oven" I was SURE he was a boy...I dont know yet with this one, Jer thinks its a boy. I dont care either way as long as it is healthy. (although i wouldnt mind a girl to even the vote around here) We are drawing a blank AGAIN for boy names, so it is probably a boy. Anyway so theres the big news...I couldnt keep it a secret much longer, and I dont know how women can. I am looking forward to being a mother of two its just so wonderful the blessing Kohen is in our lives and I cant imagine how the blessings mulitply with each child. I know that Kohen and this baby will be close together and some may call us crazy but Im excited. I have decided this time around to try and stay more active, with Kohen I let the tiredness I felt keep me from Tae Kwon Do and staying active...Although I wont get to go rafting this summer :( I am looking forward to camping and hiking! I am also trying to eat healthier this time around I kinda let the stereotypical things happen, the snacking and cravings. I do think cravings are a true part of being pregnant, but those cravings can be controlled just like any other craving. Lahia, I cant belive im saying this but by may I will probably be taking my maternity clothes again lol! Anyway I have rambled on enough, so theres the big news and all the details you probably didnt need haha. If you would like to see what stage the baby is in follow this link...
http://www.babycenter.com/fetal-development-images-12-weeks

7 comments:

Dana and ohana said...

First..yipppeeee!
Second: Me and boys names go great together. Call me, we'll chat. I always had trouble with the girls names (hence I have more girls than boys)
Third: I will willingly go rafting in your place
Fourth: I read this book while I was cooking Jayden about cravings and the jist of it was that you can actually "train" your cravings. Purposly obsess over something healthy and your hooked! (it worked for me BUT I do remember crying over a McDonalds hamburger in Hawaii because I *just had to have one* yuck!)
Yipppeeee---a baby

Jason and Lahia said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
We are so excited for you guys! This will be so fun to be pregnant together! Of course you can have your maternity clothes back =) My vote is a little girl! We need more around here!!!

Hia
(good job keeping it a secret, at least on our side, we had NO idea!)

Lisa Marie said...

Congratulations! Very exciting! :)They'll be close, but that will probably make them have an even closer relationship, too. It's so fun to watch the older sibling interast and take care of the younger one- it's so cute! I've had my share of skipped raft trips over the years, too. But, what's even better, is when they're able to start going with you (the more mild stretches of river, of course). We love our family Rogue trips!

Lisa Marie said...

Oops! Typo- I meant "interact"

Danna said...

Stef, I think that is sooooo great!! I don't think you will mind having them close together. Mark and Emme have always been close and they love to do things together all the time. I hope it is a girl because it would be great to have an older brother to protect her from all those mean boys.. As far as names I never picked them out until I saw them. I had an idea but it always changed once I saw them. For example Angela was a Shelly. Stephanie was a Victoria after her great grandma. Emily cam home without a name for over a week and MJ I wanted so much to name him after his daddy!! Have a great day!! See you Friday!!!

Angie Pangie said...

how cool im sooo excited for you both...I hope its a girl though for dannas reasons.

Ashley said...

That is so exciting! You said the other night you were wearing a maternity shirt and I didn't even think why =). Cravings are telling you something, it is just hard to figure out what they really mean. I always struggled with getting enough protein and veggies. And little girls are so much fun. How long until you find out the gender?