CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Change

Penny Pincher, Tight wad, Wallet clincher...the many names I have used in the past for people who dig and dig in there purse at the check stand to find that extra nickle so they don't have to break one dollar. I also used to ruthlessly tease my mom for using coupons and remember being thoroughly embarrassed when she would question the price on the milk. Little did I know that while my mother was embarrassing me..she wasn't doing it because she liked to...she was doing it for our family, out of love and wanting to provide us kids with everything we needed.

I tell you this because I have become one of those penny pinching coupon cutting grocery store moms. Yesterday I reached a new level, I was cleaning around the house and began to notice I have a lot of loose change laying around, I started by finding approximately $10 in quarters nickles and dimes...It became a treasure hunt to see how much change was hiding in our house. well a few nickles in the jewelry box, a lot of pennies out of the car and I had found $47 in CHANGE!!!

I took it to the grocery store last night to change it in and ended up paying for more than half my groceries with it!! Not bad for a girl who once hated to even be seen in the goodwill parking lot huh? I guess I've changed.

5 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

I used to not worry about the cost of my groceries too much. It is what it is.... Until I took a trip to Winco. I used avoid the place, because I couldn't stand how many people are there. I still get frustrated with the people, but I am always shocked at the checkout. We spend about half- yes HALF- of what it would normally cost at our local store. CRAZY!

Anonymous said...

its funny how as we grow our idea of what was once lame has become, "cool" in our eyes. i do the same thing if i have to dig and dig to find that dime it is all worth it! miss you cousin. give me a call some time, i am not working yet just a stay at home wife! xoxo missy

Anonymous said...

Finally, something I did doesn't embarrass you any more! Chalk one up for mom. Thanks for the compliment, sweetie. You are such a good wife and mother. I am so proud of you - you don't even know how much!!! Love, mom xoxoxo

Danna said...

Stef, I am so proud of you!! Jer should be extreamly proud. I love to use my pennies at stores.. It drives Mark crazy but as they say.. A penny earned is a penny saved. In my opinion, they all add up. Good job.

Dana and ohana said...

love, love, love our post. So true!*Plus you found a TON of money!