He decided to surprise us all and come early, but Jonas Mathew Barkley was born July 27th 2008 (exactly 13 months after Kohen...Kohen's birthday is June 27th). Last Saturday (July 26th) night I started to feel contractions and tried to relax, take a warm bath and remember that I wasn't due for another month and two weeks. It didn't work :)
We finally decided that this was for real and we should go into the hospital 3:00AM Sunday July 27th. I figured I was going to be told the same thing that I was the week before...basically that I was a wimp, to go home and put my feet up, but that is not how it happened. When we got to the hospital I was dilated to a 6 and was well..READY TO GO. Jonas was born at 8:15 Sunday morning (4 lbs 15oz, 18 inchs long) and was taken immediately by the "panda" team to Dornbechers Children's Hospital (an hour away from ME)
Since I was so far along by he time my doctor arrived, I was not able to get any sort of medication or anesthesia. I gave birth to Jonas completely natural, having done both now an epidural is a wonderful thing, but there is something to be said about a natural delivery (something a little more rewarding for me almost)...but to each his own :)
Well it is now Saturday August 2nd and Jonas is STILL in the hospital. He will stay there until he is able to take a bottle (or nurse) with out falling asleep :) in the mean time he has a feeding tube (Gauvage) that gives him everything he needs. He sleeps a lot and gets lots of kisses whileI am there at the hospital with him during the days
We were fortunate enough to have my parents in town this week to help out with Kohen, and he really didn't notice that Jer and I were gone much, how could he with Grandma at his side!
Jeremiah and I are so grateful that Jonas was born with a healthy body and does not need any surgery or any sort of serious medical attention.
We are hopeful that he will be home by next weekend...so cross your fingers and say your prayers :)



Sorry this shot is not very good, the lighting in the neonatal car center is very dim (for the babies). I wanted to show how small his fingers are.
I am so glad my parents were able to come in the room and see him..it is a very restricted area
This is his bed...he sleeps in an isolette which keeps him roasty toasty, he doesn't have much meat on his bones so this machine helps keep him warm.



Kohen is going to be a wonderful big brother, I'm anxious to see how he responds to Jonas.
This is how we all feel after a visit up to the hospital, it takes a lot out of us emotionally and physically.
I had to share this picture I took of my nephew, Jaxon yesterday as we said farewell to my parents. Saying goodbye is the hardest thing to do...I love my family!!
I just want to say THANK YOU to all those of you who kept us in your prayers, and helped us in may ways. We feel so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family. I cant wait to introduce you all to Jonas.
6 comments:
He is very cute and we can't wait to see him when he's ready for his big debut.
congrats you guys!~ He looks strong and healthy and I LOVE the pictures of him and the one of Kohen's suprised look. You guys sure have beautiful boys.
So glad Cameron and I have been able to be up at OHSU a few times and see your precious little man. He is beautiful. Thanks for welcoming us! We were so glad we could visit with him and Jer and you. Love you!
Stefani & Jer, He is soo beautiful. I am so glad that he is doing well and you have had your family with you through this emotional time to give you strengh and support. It sure makes a difference. You have such a wonderful and supportive family. I love you and cant wait to see Jonas as soon as I can. Let me know if I can do anything. I'm here.
And Kohen and Jonas are going to be the best of buds. Kohen will be the best brother ever.
He is adorable. If you need anything don't hesitate to call I would love to help. I am so glad things are going so well.
Post a Comment