I'm not sure when everyone got together and drew straws and who sat in for me and drew the short straw, but next time I want the opportunity to draw my own...or better yet can I sit out on the next draw-straws session?
In the last two years the most unusual things have happened to me. Broken collar bone, sprains, bruises (crazy bruises!), surgery, and now drum roll please...A HIT AND RUN!!
Yes you read correctly, last Tuesday I was on a walk with my boys and this man in a TWO DOOR RED HONDA CIVIC, pulling out of an apartment complex hit me with his car. Now I will answer the basic three questions that people keep asking me.
Are you serious? COMPLETELY
Have they caught the guy? No, the police do not seem to be terribly concerned about a man who goes around running people over.
Are the kids OK? Yes thank heavens! I was able to take a big leap forward and push the stroller out of the way when I heard and saw him accelerate.
So here is the scenario...I stopped at the end of the apt complex driveway. He looked right and left (i assumed he saw me), he didn't go so I started in the crosswalk. about halfway across he started to go. Now he was on his phone and had music playing so I like to think that he didn't see me...but the police officer doesn't see how it is possible that he didn't. The passenger side bumper grazed my legs and then it was the mirror of all things that caught my left hip knocking me into the street. I did yell a few things at him, but was unable to get the license plate because Kohen was a little worried about me so I didn't want to make a big scene. Anyway, so i analyzed the damage and limped off to a friends to call Jer and the Police.
The Damage? My left hip is black and blue from where I was hit. My right hip is sore and out of whack, complete with a pinched nerve. My right knee is hurt and has an MRI scheduled on Tuesday...now the doc said the knee seems to only have bruised tendons (which would be great if that is all). With the hurt knee I had the option of crutches or a cane..I opted for the cane because I do not like crutches. Other than that just sore muscles.
Now back to the straws....Please could we have a redraw!? I'm tired of it being my turn...
I don't want my entire blog today to sound whinny or depressing so a little update, Jonas took his first step yesterday :) And Kohen is saying I love you.
Monday, June 15, 2009
The short straw
Posted by Barkley's at 9:57 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
holy cow!!! that is so scary but a blessing that you (sad to say) were the only one injured it could've gone soooo wrong. i am happy to hear you are ok! and shocked that your little one is WALKING!!! you JUST had him!!!! wow time flies. love you and be careful out there.
Didn't you break your nose too? I think you need a safety course or something.... Love you, xoxoxo Mom
geezzzz stef. thats awful. I hope they get thtat guy! Do they think he lives in the apartments he hit you in front of?
Post a Comment