Jer and I were able to take a five day vacation together. My mom watched the kids, it was our first get-away...and it was fantastic. We went to the Palmayra, New York area, WHY Palmayra? (is the question I keep getting) We were able to visit the significant sights of the restoration of the true Gospel of Jesus Christ back to the Earth.
We went to Niagra falls. Which is on my "bucket list" :)
We went on the Maid of the mist boat and everyone got wet except me because
I kept hiding behind everyone. My hair was all that got wet. Jer as you can see was SOAKED!

The Roar of the water was indescribable. It was so cool!

We went to the Hill Cumorah pageant. Which is a production put on by the Church, it is a 2 hour history of the Book Of Mormon and the restoration of the gospel. It is an incredible production, complete with music dancing and amazing special effects. At the very end the actor playing Joseph Smith bore the testimony Jospeh Smith wrote on the beginning pages of the Book of Mormon of the truthfulness of the Gospel. It felt so real, I felt like I was listening to the Prophet Joseph Smith in person. The spirit that was felt there at the foot of that Sacred hill is hard to beat.If only I could take that spirit with me to the hearts of all God's Children.

The Sacred Grove. It was in this grove of trees that Heavenly father and my savior Jesus Christ
came to that young boy Joseph and answered his sincere prayer. This the place where the fullness of the Gospel was set into motion. My heart grew with love for that young boy who had the courage and faith to say that he "knew it and I know that God knew it and I could not deny it" even after all the ridcule and persecution. Would I have that faith? Would I have that courage?
Walking into the sacred grove the view of the Temple.
Standing at the Temple...the view of the sacred grove.

A very small and BEAUTIFUL House of the Lord.

The window of the Celestial room. It is a representation of the Tree of Life. A place that if we can get our loved ones to partake of the fruit we will all be together. A beautiful symbol of hope and love. The Temple is my favorite place on earth, a peace is found with-in unlike any other. A place I know the work of the Lord is done.

I love this sculpute of the Savior...it is found at the visitors center at the Hill Cumorah. Doesn't he seem to be opening his arms to give you a huge.
I know this picture is fuzzy and im sorry but this is the best shot I could get of the cast at the pageant. There are roughly 600 in the cast (AMAZING)
The statue of the Angel Moroni testifying of the Gospel. Found on the top of the Hill Cumorah.
The book of Mormon has been translated into 106 languages!!
The Publication house of the first Books of Mormon.

This is an interesting thought. This was the "Binding room" where the books were bound. At the time the Book of Mormon was published there was only one other book that was bound in hard back at this publishing house...the Bible. Hard back was much more expensive. So why was it bound in hard back, it was to show the world that the Book of Mormon is an equal to the Bible, they both being the word of God. Also the Book of Mormon was bound in Sheep skin...A book testifying of the lamb of God.
We went to Niagra falls. Which is on my "bucket list" :)
We went on the Maid of the mist boat and everyone got wet except me becauseI kept hiding behind everyone. My hair was all that got wet. Jer as you can see was SOAKED!

The Roar of the water was indescribable. It was so cool!

We went to the Hill Cumorah pageant. Which is a production put on by the Church, it is a 2 hour history of the Book Of Mormon and the restoration of the gospel. It is an incredible production, complete with music dancing and amazing special effects. At the very end the actor playing Joseph Smith bore the testimony Jospeh Smith wrote on the beginning pages of the Book of Mormon of the truthfulness of the Gospel. It felt so real, I felt like I was listening to the Prophet Joseph Smith in person. The spirit that was felt there at the foot of that Sacred hill is hard to beat.If only I could take that spirit with me to the hearts of all God's Children.

The Sacred Grove. It was in this grove of trees that Heavenly father and my savior Jesus Christ
came to that young boy Joseph and answered his sincere prayer. This the place where the fullness of the Gospel was set into motion. My heart grew with love for that young boy who had the courage and faith to say that he "knew it and I know that God knew it and I could not deny it" even after all the ridcule and persecution. Would I have that faith? Would I have that courage?
Walking into the sacred grove the view of the Temple.
Standing at the Temple...the view of the sacred grove.
A very small and BEAUTIFUL House of the Lord.

The window of the Celestial room. It is a representation of the Tree of Life. A place that if we can get our loved ones to partake of the fruit we will all be together. A beautiful symbol of hope and love. The Temple is my favorite place on earth, a peace is found with-in unlike any other. A place I know the work of the Lord is done.
I love this sculpute of the Savior...it is found at the visitors center at the Hill Cumorah. Doesn't he seem to be opening his arms to give you a huge.
I know this picture is fuzzy and im sorry but this is the best shot I could get of the cast at the pageant. There are roughly 600 in the cast (AMAZING)
The statue of the Angel Moroni testifying of the Gospel. Found on the top of the Hill Cumorah.
The book of Mormon has been translated into 106 languages!!
The Publication house of the first Books of Mormon.
This is an interesting thought. This was the "Binding room" where the books were bound. At the time the Book of Mormon was published there was only one other book that was bound in hard back at this publishing house...the Bible. Hard back was much more expensive. So why was it bound in hard back, it was to show the world that the Book of Mormon is an equal to the Bible, they both being the word of God. Also the Book of Mormon was bound in Sheep skin...A book testifying of the lamb of God.This banner was hanging when we got home... It's kinda an inside joke. It was so good to see my babies! We returned home to Jonas being a full time walker. And Kohen made a new friend...his uncle Jeffy (who he calls Uncle Ducky).
Our trip was beyond explination. My testimony in the truthfulness the Gospel holds. The truthfulness of the Book of Mormon is now and forever ingraved on my heart. The blessings that knowledge has given me is immense. I know that Joseph Smith was visited by Our Father and his Son, I know that Joseph Smith was given the "keys" to restore the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints on the earth. I love my savior and the sacrifice he made for me and for you, so that we all may return to him. I did not need to go on this trip to gain this knowledge, but it sure did help :)




3 comments:
jaredpaul83Thank you for sharing your trip with us, Brent and I and our children have also been back to see the Church sights. Except when we were there the Palmayra Temple was just being built. I loved being able to see the Temple finished.
Looks like an exciting trip. I wish to take the family someday.
stef we were there too! Dont you just love it? I grew up going every summer (my ma is from that area) and taking the kids this summer and letting them feel the spirit of the hill, the farm and the grove...ahhhhhh, pure happiness. I am glad you enjoyed yourselves.
ps the maid of the mist ROCKS!
Post a Comment