CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A little Raw

Any ones emotions are probably a little raw at 4:30 AM, but that is when my little man decided he wanted to be awake today. Bright Eyed and Bushy Tailed :) Anyway I decided to check my email since it has been a few days...well a little surprise awaited me, an email from the last person on this earth whom I expected! I wont tell you what the email said nor will I give the persons name merely that this person and I had a bit of a falling out not to long ago and it seems as though this email was sent to remind me of the anger this person feels towards me...And it hurt.

I don't know why I'm sharing this in a post maybe because I feel bad waking up Jer at 4:30 over a situation that is so silly.

Its kind of coincidental that I got this email this morning as Jer and I were talking about forgiveness last night...Its wonderful the blessings that come from the Atonement if we would only accept its principles and let go of our pride. I'm not trying to sound boastful, but I have made my apology to this person and that's why this email came as such a shock! It is kinda like the wound was just starting to heal and someone picked the scab off again! Ive decided that you cant win em' all I guess.

5 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

Everyone has their trials- apparently hers/his is forgiveness. Know that you did your best to make things right, and move on. Don't let someone else's struggles bring you down.

Danna said...

I know how that feels. just when you think things get better with a person it takes a turn. I think you said it perfectly.. about letting go of pride. So many times pride gets in the way. Forgiveness is forgiveness....there is no riding the fence, and if we forgive, we treat that person with the love and respect of how our Heavenly Father would treat them. No holding grudges or avoiding them. Remember Heavenly Father Knows our thoughts and actions even before we do.
I am rambling... Now go take on the day!!

Lisa Marie said...

I'd love to! I actually have several pairs already made, just not listed yet. I can think of at least one pair off the top of my head that matches the one you like, too.
Sorry about the abrupt ending to our phone call today- did you talk to your hubby about your idea?

Dana and ohana said...

you do what is right and just keep working on you. as long as you can feel good about you then you are okay.

Anonymous said...

My 2 cents: Things I have learned studying about repentence and forgiveness: No matter what, we have to forgive. You choose when. However, Christ as our example didn't wait minutes, hours, days, or years. He forgave as they were killing him, and He was suffering. So we deserve an apology.... we can't wait for apologies before we forgive. It just may never happen and then what do you do? Those who crucified the Savior laughed at him as they were doing it, were they asking forgiveness then? He readily forgave others, whether or not they knew what they were doing to Him. I think if he could speak to each of us today about forgiveness, it would be to say, Come Follow ME, I am your example. Love ya so much, Mom