CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 17, 2008

WE'RE BACK!!!!! :)



I missed you all so much, but we finally got our Internet back and I'm so excited! I felt so out of the loop and alone! I have so much "news" to share with everyone. First of all Kohen has his FIRST tooth YAY! And we also have started him on cereal and some baby foods. He loves carrots and pears! I have decided to make my own baby food (as jars are SO spendy) + it has forced Jer and I to eat healthier too because I am buying so much more fresh fruits and veggies. I got a cook book from my mom called "baby bistro" it is so great. You would think squashing up bananas would be all it would take, but this book gives much more in site into what is healthiest and carries the most vitamins for your child.

Also, we went to Mark and Danna's this past weekend and had a GREAT time! The boys did boy things and us girls did girl things :) I colored and cut the girls hair, pictured above is angies hair I love this cut on her she looks so grown up (which of course Danna doesn't like) also I colored Stephi's hair a fun way and it is VERY flattering on her. Emme also got a few fun highlights...and last but not least Danna got a weave that takes 15 years off (not that she looked old to begin with)...but her hair was what i like to call sleeping beauty hair when we were done. I enjoyed my weekend with them.
And last ... My exciting week this week. Tuesday began like any other day, but certainly did not end like one. At around two forty five I was putting Kohen down for a nap, when I heard the front door open (early for jer to be home i thought)...Well I didn't want to wake Kohen up so I just peaked around the corner to smile at me sweetheart. Well it wasn't Jer it was a man with a beard and ragged clothes walking into my home... I backed into the room, he hadn't seen me. I heard him coming down the hall so I looked around Kohens room for something to hit him with (stuffed animals and diapers wouldn't work), and suddenly I remembered "Wait! I take Tae Kwon Do, I know what to do". When he was close enough to the door that I could see his shadow I turned the corner and swung AS HARD AS I COULD. He didn't know what hit him, my punch knocked him back against the door frame of our bedroom across the hall and blood started oozing out his nose. He turned to run and I had enough time to yell "I have a gun" (even though i didn't and I didn't even know how to load it). I ran after him to shut and lock the door and call the police. It wasn't until the police officers arrived that i started to cry and realised that me and Kohen could have really been hurt had he known I was in the house. After the officer gave me a hug, I gave him my description. As far as we know the criminal is still at large. All I have to say is I'm grateful that I know the little bit of Tae Kwon Do that I do, and grateful that Kohen and I were not hurt. (p.s nothing was stolen)
Anyway I'm glad to be back!

3 comments:

Dana and ohana said...

okay, #1--my turn next, as far as hair is concerned. I want something drastic. Any ideas? Soon too.

#2--yeah for teeth. Good job little man and great Idea on making your own baby food ( I never did the jars either)

#3 I AM SO GLAD YOU GUYS ARE SAFE. WHAT QUICK THINKING, GREAT RESPONSE AND WAY TO HIT HIM!

#4 I'm glad you're back too.

Danna said...

I am soo glad your back and I am so glad that you and Kohen are safe. Who knows what that jerk wes looking for, I bet it wasn't a punch in the face, SUPRISE!!! never mess with a momma and her cubs.
I had alot of fun last weekend. Thank you soo much for doing my hair. I keep looking in the mirroe wondering where that old woman went. I sure am glad shes gone for a while.. And i do like Angies hair its just that I am not used to my kiddies having short hair they look way too grown up for me. Angie has been getting up early early this week and does her hair every morning, She really loves her style, she is really growing up into such a beautiful young (sassy)lady, See ya, Love ya and miss ya

Anonymous said...

Stef
I am so glad you are ok. My gosh! I have been in the hospital the past few days, and am not really in the loop of the happenings. I would assume they put it in the news to make people aware of this creep! Where were you at? Your Mom and Dad's or your new house? Take care kiddo! Aunt Dayna